7.30.2004

business librarian

Just had a little salvo, convo, with this woman I quite like who works at the library. She was the business librarian for Andersen Consulting for 20 years. She is classy, charming from another age, with white hair and green hornrimmed glasses, but she's got a sharp mind and is corporate, professional, with an edge and an eye for quality. I imagine her my age, vacationing in the north for the summer, at a Wheaton cocktail party, being sincere and droll at the same time. We chat about vacations, and projects - its a pity because she's in poor company at the library. Not poor company, but she is clearly the brightest bulb, but so advanced in her career that its not likely she will run that outfit anytime soon. Its interesting talking to her about Andersen because she takes it so personally. It is a strange community that imploded - anyways. Interesting lady. I'm wifi'ing on the patio because I was on the verge of curling up under my desk and that would just be too unprofessional.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?