8.02.2004

GEICO Auto Insurance

GEICO Auto Insurance keeps e-mailing me. I signed up for their insurance 2 months ago, then decided I couldn't be bothered to change the title on my sisters car and get a GA license. I actually made it down to the DMV on Moreland ave, but the scene was remniscent of a hospital in Samoa - millions of people sitting around, fanning themselves, with all their family there for company - except I didn't know anyone so it was boring. I stopped next door at a cheapo ATL Bling Bling shoe store, where the shoes were arranged in aisles by price - $6 shoes, $10 shoes, and then the nice aisle, $12 shoes. Ended up not buying anything or going back to the DMV, and signing up for progressive when GEICO cancelled my insurance. They sent me a statement every day that gave a different balance (like the shoe shop, always between 6 and 12 dollars) and also a check for $3 and change. Now they're emailing me at work. Should I bother responding or should I wait a few months until they figure out whether I owe them 3 dollars or they owe me.

WH finally did her safe sex demonstration by the pool on Saturday with a bottle of oyster sauce and some special Haitian condoms. Not sure what to do with the BIB. We are finally taking a few steps back to regroup. Goffman writes about presentation of self and interaction rituals.. and I just wish relationships were 'treat others as you would treat yourself' and people would naturally respond. Or 'I'll see what you're made of by what you make of me.' Like there is a proper separation between yourself and the other party, not that you are constantly creating each other in your interaction. I don't like that idea. Maybe thats why my cats won't listen to me when I tell them politely to get off the table.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?