8.19.2004

Show Your Work

So finally got up early today - 7:45. Made it in by 9:32. Not too bad. Not sure why it takes almost 2 hrs to get here... I guess its all that playing with the cats and sipping coffee, etc. Beautiful morning though, saw some lovely little red flowers with one cute cute cute blue mutant in the mix on the walk in.

Took a coworker home for dinner last night, worked on the personal statement, talked with WH who is roaming the streets of Somerville, dodging Ivanho. Around 10:45 I msgd BIB to go to twains. He accepted, but by the time I got there, he'd changed to drinks at home. So I went to his, no one there. Went home disgruntled, wanting to tell him about Burning Womyn. Just as I was turning off all the lights and changing into PJs, he knocked on the door, white tshirt and jeans as usual.

We sat and finished off the very last of my liquor, some red wine, and chatted about our days. Teaching has him busy, and he's got 8 days to make a ton of costumes for Burning Womyn. Then I put it to him... I'm not going to BW with him because we're still ambiguously dating. He countered with visions of lots of fun and bonding, and I put it to him again.. it would be great, but its not going to happen because the conditions (emotional honesty from him, consistent accountability and self-respect from me) for us to go on a trip together just aren't there. And I asked him the overwhelming question again, oh do not ask what is it, let us go and make our visit.

So .. he said we'd talk about it again today, cuz he really wants me to go and he just needs to figure out why. We'll see. Fare prices are ticking. He tucked me in, put the mosquito net in, turned off the lights and left. Nice visit all in all.

In other news, HR tried to make me hourly yesturday. Around 5PM, just as I was getting into the swing of things, my boss stopped by. He said that while having to clock in might work for my office mate (who works all the damn time, must be here for 60 hrs a week) it wouldn't work for me - he seemed really interested in preserving my flexible hours and working from home stuff. Don't laugh too hard, I think the guilt is kicking in.

Anyways, we'll see. Made it in today within 2 standard deviations of the average worker arrival time, so thats a success. We'll see what tomorrow will bring!

Comments:
I've been trying to log in to leave a comment all day. Now I don't even know what to write. Oh, yes. It was going to be an encouraging, "Good for you. I'll be looking forward to reading your interesting blog at an earlier time tomorrow morning!" Or something like that. I guess I am still going out with KM tonight, seems like a weird thing to do, but then I think, um, since when have I ever met up with an alum friend and had a bad time? Right? Good city, good beer. We cannot lose.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?