9.14.2004

Bloggers Rewrite

I've lost my bloggers delight again. Which is too bad, because I'm taking the GRE on Friday and my weak point is the writing. My strategy so far is to pretend I am writing the essay for a Bush supporter... that way I will be very logical and traditional/rhetoric/stupid. I looked at some sample essay topics and they just make me pissed off. Like...

--> Seniority (years of service) should not be the basis of employee compensation. Employees should be promoted and given raises solely on the basis of their work performance and merit. That is a better way to encourage high productivity.

--> The desire of corporations to maximize profits creates conflict with the general welfare of the nation at large.

I've had a look at some guidebooks in the book store, but I haven't studied or done practice tests. I think teaching SAT Math will get me through that section.

Incidentally, its the 20(?) year anniversary of Rappers Delight. Learned that from NPR, which brings me too... Friendster . That little social network app is coming back into play in my life. NPRs doing another show on it, and on social network theory/tech applications. And as of quit recently, the boy is on Friendster, so theres a bit of upheaval in my piddling little network... new blood. I'm tweaking my profile, and not sure what I should put for my relationship status.

I wonder what Friendsters backend looks like... what software they used. I think they changed it recently, they only show you your closest connection to someone, which eliminates the fun of seeing how all your friends are randomly connected to each other through people who are not you.

Comments:
Good luck with the exam Bing! Sorry I can't say anything helpful or intelligent about corporate profits vis a vis national welfare but I'm sure you'll be brilliant. Just flash that Bling style at them and they'll roll over purring!
 
Oh bollocks, I realise that I've missed the L out of Bling - there are few things less Bling than Bing! Sorry about that pet!
 
Cheers, Merry! Bing in the ATL. I like it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?