9.24.2004

Happy Atonement Day

went to the wilco concert last night with PoolPaul and co. Nice kids, real nice kids. Rode the MARTA, checked out Century grounds, gorgeous. Its an older amphitheatre (for some reason that word reminds me of armpit) decorated in 30's orientalist style. Largely resembles the really nice malls in Saudi, except there was no decorative Qu'ran worked into the detailing.

Anyhow, Wilco's got it down - really all about the way he says things, I think. He did a little Kerry stuff and basically his message was that people have a right to say things and reasons to be upset. He knew he was in Atlanta but seemed quite pleased that the crowd was pro-Kerry. Got a couple of Bush fans riled up and someone ran up and gave him the finger, but he handled it with aplomb.

Had a dream last night that I had slept until afternoon, and ran into my friend who was laughing about the news, quite shocked that I had not heard the mornings events. I switched the telly on and learned that in the morning, Bush had taken a joyride in a fighter jet. Presuming he was under attack, he shot a muslim dignitary. Then he flew over the ocean to the middle east where the man was from, and exchanged fire with the army there, then to North Korea and exchanged fire with some fighter jets there. At that point, a few hours later, we were embroiled in a war, lots of belligerent posturing and preparations. An NPR journalist had been fired for saying that Bush's actions were irresponsible and stupid.

Anyways, I think I am going to FL tomorrow morning, just need to make contact with some folks down there first.

Wish me luck!

- Ms. Bling

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?