9.28.2004

Pace yourself...

Walked out of the GRE today. First section went well; essays were fine, did a little bit worse on the second one but OK. Took my little break, was even in a good mood, feeling adrenalized, concentrated, etc., making little jokes to myself about how convenient it is that Georgia State has their testing center and counseling service bundled in the same building. Ate an apple, used the facilities, went back in.

Started the math section. My math scores have been relatively crappy, and I'm fairly convinced that I haven't been doing myself justice because I've forgotten how to be a good test taker. On the practice drills, I haven't been taking a full half hour to answer everything, yet I'm still making 3-4 stupid mistakes on the easy questions. Like, misreading the question. So, assuming time was on my side, my strategy for today was to proceed carefully, making sure I got every question correct in the beginning even if it meant rechecking and being anal.

Followed my strategy pretty well. Too well. 15 of 28 questions in, I realize I've taken 20 of 30 minutes. I got up to question 21 and the test ended. 7 whole unanswered questions.

Quit Test! Feels extreme, but the obvious move. Click the button, drive to work, here I am, $115 poorer.


Comments:
the GRE is the devil lol. I was in the same sitution as you
 
Didn't know if you wanted comments on your haloscan or here, but ah... You stopped the test? Sorry to hear that. Hope to chat with you soon.
 
What an interesting blog you have. I often search the web for articles about love and dating and I found this one. As for swinger gallery there�s a site for singles at http://top-personals.net, take a look. Adult Singles
 
bebo free layout
 
I suck coz I only appear to be able to think of one joke and one joke alone...

Why did the plane crash into the house????



COZ THE LANDING LIGHT WAS ON!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?