9.20.2004

said the Spider to the Fly

My favorite pimp lair: A dorm room in Liverpool. The boy in question had 2 twin beds on the floor with lounge pillows, and a long table inbetween which was about 5 inches above the bed. At the end of the room: Mario Karts. Music: David Holmes, ColdKrushCuts, Stone Roses 2nd coming, Bentley Rhythm Ace. On the table was a years supply of Loaded magazines, red wine, other substances & their requisite accessories, Silk Cuts, Marlboros, Cadbury chocolates, Jim Bean, and other snacks. Periodically, the boy (an excellent room accessory in his own right) would get up and make tea and toast, or pour a bubble bath.

I missed a weeks worth of flights to Boston to hang out in that pimp pad.

Not sure what the girl equivalent is - I imagine it involves all the comforts of femininity that boys don't get to put in their own rooms. So... lace? Organza and tulle? Breasts? Most boys I know already have the high thread count sheets and the feather pillows and they keep the place reasonably clean. Theres not a whole lot they don't already got.

I don't think I've ever had a boy make himself at home in my bedroom though. I'm always the type to wander into the kitchen, open the fridge, pour myself a beverage, then plop down on the couch and play with whatevers on the coffee table. Most boys in my house seem to ... stand a lot, look around, point out one or two things they find... interesting, stay for a few hours, then leave. I like it a lot though. I spent an hour or two this AM, Jack curled up in the crook of my arm, watching the sheer curtains ripple in the breeze from the fan. Resembles water over a sand bar as the tide is coming in.

In other news... work, work, work. GRE to schedule. Cats to spay. And the boy? Its fightin' time, kids. Looks like in the weapon of choice in this particular relationship is: SILENCE. May the best man win.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?