11.29.2004

EMO HAIR


So I tapped in to friendster today to see whether anyone wished me happy b-day (they did!) and to officially ask the boy to be my friendster again. We repress most of our quarrels into cyberspace, so we have this tumultous online relationship which up until now has been mediated by my cat. Anyways, while I was on Friendster, I noticed the top 10 searches in my social network:

  1. how to get your ex back (I have 2 friends trying to do that right now...)
  2. funny text messages (huh. The boy was just talking about this last night. Not sure he'd google it though, he's not that lame.)
  3. Henna Tatoo (thats got to be my sister and/or her crew)
  4. miss india texas (Weird.)
  5. filipino men (pron spam, must be. )
  6. emo hair
  7. the body language of attraction (could be anyone)
  8. a rave called sharon (probably the burners)
  9. what was i in a past life (could be anyone)
  10. he's just not that into you (could be any of my single friends, or me, actually)

Number 6 bugs me. I sit here for 20 minutes and click around my network, comparing lists, trying to figure out who was searching for Emo hair. Was it the Massholes at hippie school? No. The Emory grad student crew? No. The ATL professional crew? The gay DC boys? The NYC-HK Posse? The anti-folk singers? How did the phrase Emo hair come into my life? What is Emo hair? Do I want Emo hair? From what direction is the peer pressure for me to have emo hair coming from?

Anyways, I'm obsessed. I must know.


Comments:
Oh, jeez. Happy birthday. How is it that I've been so out of it that I've forgotten. Good luck with finding BIB's present.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?