3.07.2005

Hero

Finally watched Hero last night with the boy. My review? Well, its kinda like every other hong kong film...
My review in short:

Me: Was that fascist propaganda?

Boy: Yes.

Me: Just checking.

I'm not the only one guessing that in the next 100 yrs, China will assume more world power, as the US fades. I am somewhat glad and somewhat sad that I won't be around to see it. In the meantime, we'd better nurture our traditions of liberty and individualism, because they are going to come in handy when the totalitarian communists take over with their fascist propaganda films.

Speaking of which, whats going on in Lebanon? This is crazy! Syria out of Lebanon? Muslims and Christians protesting together for a lebanese nationalist cause? Insane!

Don't know much about it, I think Syria is in Lebanon to enforce the peace between the Christians and the Muslims, and to attack Israel. Neither Syria nor Hezbollah have changed their tune towards Israel, so... I don't understand why this Lebanese nationalism looks so promising. But it does.

Hezbollah is staging a protest against - you guessed it - the US, tomorrow, so we'll see.

In other news, had a good weekend. Went rock climbing and my whole body feels like snappy rubber bands, good ouch. Weathers nice, cousin 007 is flying in tomorrow to hang out. I got new glasses, so I'm seeing the world anew. Already crashed into a curb pulling out of the parking lot tollgate, and twisted my ankle coming off the curb of the BP on N. Decatur. Growing pains, this too shall pass.

Ciao,

- Ms. Bling.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?