3.14.2005

Something Borrowed

So V3 gave me a call over the weekend. V3s an old friend from London who lives in NY now. I went to see her when I went skiing with the boy in January.

Funny story V3 - she keeps her gender and sexuality deliberately ambigious at times. I call her she but, having grown up with a lesbian vegetarian sister who dates men and eats bacon, I've never tried to further pin it down. I remember when my siblings were in high school , my brother made an effort to educate his close-minded friends about our sister. When she got back together with her old boyfriend, he felt a little let down and told her she was 'confusing his friends.' Lol.

Anyways, V3's brother is getting married this spring, and she wasn't too pleased about having to go to the wedding a.) because its on Cass in Detroit and b.) she's not altogether fond of her brother.

So, during the planning stages, the bride-to-be decides she wants V3 in the wedding party - but on which side of the aisle? Bride or groom? She decides to approach V3 about her gender affiliation so that she can participate in the wedding as the correct gender.

V3 recognizes that she has found the ideal excuse to not rent a tux/buy an ugly dress and decides that now, if ever, is the time to stand on the fence. So she will be blessing her brother's union from the front pew in an outfit of her own choosing.

In the words of Paris Hilton, "Thats hot." Its the best excuse I've ever heard for getting out of a wedding party.

- Ms. Bling

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?