4.19.2005

Ask Ms. Bling

So I'm on call today for the rape crisis center.

Its so funny, I could never, ever rouse myself out of bed at 6:30 in the morning to go to work, but for this, no problem.

After I checked in with the answering service, went out to Starbucks and chatted with the staff, got my daily jolt. Drove back home and stood on the sidewalk for a minute, watched my cats roll around in the twigs. Dirty birds. It was a gorgeous Georgia morning, sky coral pinks and lavenders, the air full of flowers and green stuff and bugs.

I was hoping to do a load of laundry in the NEW LAUNDRY ROOM THE LANDLORD JUST BUILT, YAY! then be in by 9, but until 10:30 the phone kept ringing. The answering service calls me, tells me I have a message. I call and listen to the conversation on the answering service. Play it again. Then I look at my notes, and call back the client, lend them some optimism and some tangible next steps and advice.

Its a funny situation. All these phones.

But so far so good. I don't know if its the weather or feeling like I'm helping people out or just getting up early, but I feel a hint of my old mischevous self coming back. Its nice.

- Ms. Bling

Comments:
Nice to hear that you are back in action. Probably needed something that caught your fancy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?