9.16.2005

The City of Empty, Still, Underwater

Eastward Lake Pontchartrain, Mississippi coast, Alabama, Florida,

Millions looking blind and random.
food and water
vulnerable criminals
the dead uncovered

These days of sorrow and outrage
strangers as brothers and sisters and neighbors.
wounded healers conducting a house-to-house
I lost my and I lost my.

but I still got and I still got
A core of God storm American
to clear and build.
You need to know,
all who question need to know
The work is the work is

Mississippi, the Port of New Orleans, the Mississippi River.

The breaks, the pumps, the water
samples, identifying and dealing and working
drinkingwater and wastewater and gather the dead

Those who had, flee and leave
every night, every day and the months to come.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?