1.09.2006

Georgia Progressive Summit 2006

The GA Progressive Summit 06 happened this past weekend - Schmer and I, were in attendance. It was a blast. I paid the fee half thinking it was a donation, and not knowing what to expect in return. I had no idea what I was getting into - they totally delivered. I met a million fun folks, learned about 18 new skills, and saw about 50 fun projects to get involved with. Neat!

More later - but one fun thing was meeting this guy, Jeffrey Sellman, one of the ACLU's plaintiffs in the Cobb County Evolution case where they put stickers on Ken Millers Bio textbook re: evolution. Jeffrey was in the first workshop I went to. We were in the same group and started talking - he's a funny guy. I like his opinions, but basically he comes across as a neighbor - someone who moved to georgia, did a double take when he realized what the politics were, and got sucked into national issues.

Anyhow. Its late, will post more later. Ciao,

Ms. Bling

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?