2.15.2006

Cheney's got a Gun Day 5

Funniest question:
Courtesy NYTimes Dining and Wine Section "Diners Journal by Frank Bruni":

Dear Mr. Bruni,
I find it valuable that you were reporting from the White House.
Are they canibals? Being now a restaurant critic you could throw some lite also on the background of policy making.

Comment by Pincas Jawetz — February 15, 2006 @ 6:26 am

Tabloidest spin:
courtesy HuffPo:

The real story is already emerging, if you're willing to do a little digging. Cheney and Whittington went hunting with two women (not their wives), there was some drinking, and Whittington wound up shot. Armstrong didn't see the incident but claimed she had, Cheney refused to be questioned by the Sheriff until the next morning, and a born-again evangelical physician has been downplaying Whittington's injuries since they occurrred.
Now I gotta know: whats up with the (so far) silent 'third hunter,' US Ambassador to Switzerland, Pamela Willeford? And does Lynn know?

Key observation:

Courtesy kos:

Armstrong said she saw Cheney's security detail running toward the scene. "The first thing that crossed my mind was he had a heart problem," she told The Associated Press.
In other words, she didn't see the accident. All of her statements, replete with colorful sidebars about getting "peppered pretty good," gave the false impression she was an eyewitness. She wasn't.
Worst news:

A new batch of Abu Ghraib photos were published in Australia. So far I haven't been able to read anything on it. Servers overloaded?

In other news, had a nice time at the Clermont last night. BIB sang 'Du Hast' in German, I sang 'Cheney's Got a Gun' of course. MC was dressed up as cupid - white wings, Happy VD day arrows shoved down back of diaper and all. Highlight: drunk mexican screaming, 'Get out of my dreams and into my car,' which the MC aptly titled 'a soundtrack to an abduction.'

Got home just in time to catch 4 hours sleep. Due to an excess of zeal, I decided that today would be the first day I show up at work before 10:30 in, oh, a year. So I scheduled an 8 and 9:45AM meetings back to back. And you know what? Nobody else showed! Such are mornings in academia... I guess I haven't been missing out on much.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?