4.26.2006

my girl fish died.

Girl fish came to live in my aquarium, oh, i don't know - last fall. She and boyfish didn't get along too well, and then they did. I liked her better for a while. She investigated the tank, looked at all the little glass rocks, found places to hide.

She lived in a little green compartment of the tank to keep her away from boyfish. Then me and BIB went away and girlfish and boyfish spent a week with BIB's boyfishes at our friends house.

For some reason after that, boyfish liked girlfish just fine. And he built bubblenests for her and after a while she got really fat with eggs.

BIB and Len said that girlfish was pregnant... but its hard to say that because fish eggs don't get fertilized until they are expelled into the bubblenest. If girlfish was pregnant, then she died of an etopic pregnancy. For some reason, she never laid her eggs in the bubblenest boyfish made.. just got heavier and fatter and heavier and fatter. And in the end... her side ruptured and she had a herniated egg sac hemmoraging out of her side. No fish blood... just her equilibrium seemed screwed. She still swam around, and then today I came back from the crisis center and she was dead in the water, all the eggs expelled on the acquarium floor around her.

I am projecting, I know, but boyfish looks sad and at a loss. Being a fish, he doesn't understand whats wrong.

Well, I guess I will bury girlfish in the backyard once it stops raining.

Rest in peace, girl fish.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?