5.16.2006

Run Lola Run

Went to the gym today for the first time - first time going to a gym that is. EBF showed me the sights, and told me how to figure out how to use the machines and stuff.

I'd always been scared of them. The machines look, if nothing else, like rows and rows of torture racks. I don't look at them and think, 'oh that probably works your glutes.' I think, 'oh that dangling hook must be where they tie his hands, and then they beat him and...' - at that point I kind of wince and look at something else, hopefully not another machine. Well, anyways. Now I know those machines are for working your glutes. Whatever glutes are.

Was a fun time. Really helpful to have EBF there to explain everything, how the machines come in pairs so you don't get muscles on one side and not the other... how many reps to do and all that. I'll go back soon, probably to guantanamo bay' and the rock climbing wall. Still am doubtful of the suicide lane on the 5th floor, where people run in place, forever about to plunge through the glass wall to their deaths below. Although... you get to enjoy your last minutes watching TV. That is kind of tempting.

I left my gym shoes on and have been running after buses all day. The students are gone and they haven't adjusted to the lighter traffic flow... everything is running early. Run Lola Run.

I think I'll close by sharing a dream I had last night. I dreamt that I was making a star of david necklace for myself, carved out of bone. I had decided to kill my friend to get the bones. At some point in the dream - I think I had just left a party - I went into a store, and saw these paperweight statues carved in... bone. I asked the store owner where she got her bone from. She said she could order some. I begrudgingly accepted that the right thing to do was to spare my friend, since I could buy bone from this vendor, even though it wasn't as good or.. potent. I placed an order for some bone, telling the vendor it was for a star of david pendant. I also mentioned that I had gotten the idea from a friends boyfriend who had a similar necklace because he was a rastafarian.

Later on in the dream, I was hanging out with my friend. On the one hand, I felt a sting of regret that I didn't have my star of David carved out of her bones. But I consoled myself with the fact that now I could have my necklace AND hang out with my friend at the same time.

Peace, out...

- Ms. Bling in the ATl.

PS: note to self - see if wild honey wants to hang out on Thurs afternoon or Friday day...
PSS: I promise not to kill you for art supplies.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?